These ham, egg, and spinach breakfast bites use only 5 ingredients and are the perfect for any breakfast or brunch gathering!
I decided to start the week with a bite-size treat that is perfect for a family breakfast or a brunch with friends. You see, I’m not big on eating breakfast during the week, mostly because of time, but we do try to have breakfast as a family on the weekends and I love to have monthly brunches with my girls. These ham, egg and spinach breakfast bites with shredded mozzarella are the perfect dish for both of those!
Not only are they delicious and full of all the great breakfast things – eggs, ham, spinach, and cheese – but they are baked into light puff pastry and are easy for even the littlest of cheese-stealing hands to pick up and eat!
I’d venture to say that these little breakfast bites cover most the food groups that you want to have at breakfast – protein, dairy, veggies, carbs. I mean, all the ones that matter, amiright?? Did I mention these only need FIVE ingredients?? Yeah, they’re pretty much perfect all the way around.
Ham, Egg & Spinach Breakfast Bites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh spinach
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup Cabot shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425 F and spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- On a lightly flour surface, unfold the thawed puff pastry sheet and roll out with a rolling pin (approximately 10″x11″). Cut into three rows, and then cross-wise in four rows to make 12 squares.
- Carefully place one of the squares into each of the muffin tin cups, pressing down into the bottom and up the sides, with the corners hanging over the top slightly.
- Whisk eggs (add 2 tablespoons of milk for a little fluffier scrambled eggs). Heat a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat and add eggs. Cook, stirring every so often, and breaking up, until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in ham and chopped spinach.
- Fill each muffin tin cup near the top with the ham, egg and spinach mixture, then cover the tops with cheese. Fold the corners over and pinch together.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes, until puff pastry is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Allow to cool for a minute or two and then serve and enjoy!
I love to eat the savory dishes. I like brunch because I’m not usually hungry right when I wake up.