Um, hi. Is it June yet? Because we have airlines tickets and an amazing honeymoon in Costa Rica booked and I’m ready to go. Like, yesterday.
How am I going to wait for 7 months, 3 weeks, and 1 day?? Well, 2 days before the honeymoon, but I’m talking about the wedding. I’m ready to marry him, now. Have I mentioned that patience is not my strongest attribute?
I guess it’s a good thing I have 999,999 things to keep me busy in the mean time. Both wedding and non-wedding related. Cooking, hanging out with my Little, church and the small group we joined last week, etc. Speaking of cooking…I guess you’d like to know about that lovely plate o’ pork down below, eh?
It’s gooooood. Like, I wish I had more dipping sauce, good. I actually doubled the amounts for the marinade/sauce below, because instead of using it to brush on during cooking, I saved it for dipping, and the 1/4 the original recipe called for to be reserved didn’t go very far as a dipping sauce. Drat. So, I fixed it up real nice for you all, so you will have plenty of mustard-y delicious dipping sauce for yours. You’re welcome, in advance.
Oh, and remember how I told you on Monday that I was starting Camp Gladiator? Yeah, did that. And today…my entire body hurts. No joke…from my shoulders down to my calves, and pretty much every muscle in between is so sore! If I sit in a chair and don’t move much, I forget. And then I go to get up. Or sit back down. And ohdearLordI’mgoingtodie. Yeah, that kind of sore. The kind that feels like you haven’t worked out in years instead of just a couple of months.
I told the trainer that I think J’s trying to kill me before the wedding. They both got a good chuckle out of that. Guess who wasn’t quite as amused? I’ll be back out there today and if it doesn’t kill me, I hope that I’ll be much less sore in the morning.
I’m also on day 3 of the 10-day AdvoCare cleanse and so far, so good. I’ve been very diligent about drinking the fiber drink, plenty of water, eating breakfast and healthy snacks throughout the day. These are usually challenging tasks for me. But, I’m determined. And usually, if I set my mind to something and actually start it, I’m pretty good at following through. We’ll see what Mr. Scale tells me on Monday…
Until then…get ye to the kitchen and make this dish!!
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
- 4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins, trimmed
- Whisk together all the ingredients (mustard through black pepper). Reserve half of the marinade, then pour the remaining marinade into large resealable plastic bag. Add the pork tenderloins to the bag, seal, and press and turn to make sure the pork is well covered on all sides.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill pan, or large skillet, over medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray.
- Remove the pork tenderloins from the marinade, letting any excess marinade drip back into the bag, and place in the hot pan. Allow to cook, without moving for about 5 minutes – to get a good sear. Repeat this process until all sides are seared and the internal temperature is 135-140 degrees.
- Remove to a large cutting board and allow to sit for about 10 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch medallions. Serve with the reserved marinade and your favorite sides!