I have been searching for the perfect chocolate cookie recipe for…ever it seems like, and while I’ve found plenty that taste great, I haven’t been satisfied with the texture. Until now. I came across this recipe on Sing For Your Supper and they looked exactly like what I was trying to create – exactly the texture I wanted for my Chunky Bar Cookies. So I decided to give it a whirl and my-oh-my what a delicious and perfect chocolate cookie!! K said they were too chocolaty but he is insane 😉 I will definitely be trying this recipe out for my other chocolate-based cookies!!
Double Chocolate Decadent Cookies
Source: Sing For Your Supper
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended. Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop dough onto baking sheets, two inches apart. Use the back of a spoon to mash the balls down into 1/4 inch-thick discs. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approximately 40 cookies.