Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is everything you never knew you needed in a pasta salad and will instantly become a new family favorite!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. The sponsors, Rainier Foods and Intensity Academy, generously provided samples to participants to aid in the creation of the #BBQWeek recipes and prize packages to give away to the readers. However, all opinions are mine alone.
This is one of those recipes that smacks you in the face and makes you wonder why it hasn’t been in your life before now. Like, I’ve made my share of pasta salads, and this one has now, far and above surpassed all others. Dill Pickle Pasta Salad is the recipe that dill pickle and pasta salad lovers’ dreams are made of. Truly. We had it for a cookout one weekend, and then we had it again a coupile of weeks later with our Easter dinner. And I’m pretty sure we will have it a gazillion more times before the summer is over.
And once you try it, you will too!! Plenty of delicious, dilly flavor with creamy pasta and cubes of cheese and pickles. What more could a girl (or guy) ask for?!?
What you need to make Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
Full list with measurements below in printable recipe card!
- Rotini pasta (or other short pasta. (I like the garden or tri-color rotini)
- Dill pickle juice (from the jar)
- Diced baby dills
- Colby Jack cheese, cut into small cubes
For the creamy dill dressing
- Miracle Whip (or mayo)
- Sour cream
- Dill pickle juice (from the jar)
- Fresh dill
How to make Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
Full printable recipe card below!
Cook pasta according to package directions, in salted water, to al dente.
Drain and rinse with cold water. Place cooled pasta in a mixing bowl and cover with ½ cup of pickle juice and stir. Allow to sit for a few minutes. This is a good time to cube your cheese and chop your pickles!
In a separate, small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and stir until well-combined. Pour over the pasta salad and stir gently to coat everything well.
Add the cheese and pickles to the pasta and stir to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, for the best flavor. It can be eaten right away at room temp, as well. Dressing will thicken if you refrigerate leftovers (or refrigerate for a long time before eating) but it will still be delicious!
Follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Make sure you check out more great #BBQWeek recipes and enter the giveaway for a chance to win a prize from one of our sponsors, below!
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- 16 oz rotini pasta (or other short pasta. I like the garden or tri-color rotini)
- ½ cup dill pickle juice from the jar
- 1 ½ cups diced baby dills
- 8 oz block of Colby Jack cheese cut into small cubes
For the creamy dill dressing
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (or mayo)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup dill pickle juice (from the jar)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, in salted water, to al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Place cooled pasta in a mixing bowl and cover with ½ cup of pickle juice and stir. Allow to sit for a few minutes. This is a good time to cube your cheese and chop your pickles!
- Add the cheese and pickles to the pasta and stir to combine.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and stir until well-combined. Pour over the pasta salad and stir gently to coat everything well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, for the best flavor. It can be eaten right away at room temp, as well. Dressing will thicken if you refrigerate leftovers (or refrigerate for a long time before eating) but it will still be delicious!
Tuesday #BBQWeek Recipes
Starters and Sides
- Kimchi Slaw from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad from Sweet Beginnings
- Pesto Pasta & Potatoes from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
Welcome to the third annual #BBQWeek hosted by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We are excited to have 15 bloggers sharing over 50 recipes this week as we head toward grilling season. The amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for the #BBQWeek giveaway. The giveaway is below, but make sure to read about the prize packages and our generous sponsors!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Intensity Academy Saucy Queen Prize Package
The Intensity Academy Saucy Queen has competed in the fiery food industry for over 15 years. Her all-natural gourmet hot sauces have more than 55 national awards. In 2019, the Saucy Queen earned the Tampa Bay Businesswoman of the Year in Manufacturing, Business Leader’s Woman Extraordinaire and Working Women of Tampa Bay’s! Not only does she sell amazing sauces, spice mixes, and dips, but she has anchored her career in service and non-profit organizations and helping local companies take their products from recipe to store shelves.
A prize package of 4 popular sauces:
- Carrot Karma – A mild hot sauce made from a blend of carrots, habaneros, and a touch of lime.
- Garlic Goodness – An essential garlic hot sauce! Each batch contains over 100 pounds of slow roasted garlic.
- Honey Hype – A blend of crystalized honey natural rub. The crystalized honey melts perfectly over meats and veggies.
- Chai Sweet Chili – A light sauce made with peppers and organic Chai tea that won the 2012 Golden Chile award.
Rainier Foods Prize Package
Life’s too short for boring food, spice it up with Rainier Foods. Rainier Foods is a family company located in the shadow of Mt. Rainier. They have a dedication to provide premium quality food products. Rainier Foods can source the best ingredients available to help you create delicious meals which sets them apart from other companies. All their products are made locally ensuring their products are the best that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. A portion of all sales are donated to the Washington National Park Fund.
A prize package of a meat thermometer and trio of spice mixes:
- Meater+ wire-free meat thermometer – monitor your cooking from a phone or tablet. Monitors internal and ambient temperature at the same time.
- The Essentials Seasoning – Salt, garlic, and pepper are the essentials of most seasonings. Three different types of sea salt blend with garlic and pepper in this delicious seasoning.
- Smoky Honey Seasoning & Rub – Made with Pacific Northwest clover honey, Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt, and Smoked Paprika. This seasoning blend creates a deliciously sticky and sweet flavor on anything you grill.
- Gochu (Go-Choo) Seasoning & Rub – Gochugaru Chilis combine with sea salt and pepper along with a few other spices makes this blend unique adding an unmatchable flavor profile to everything you cook.
Thank you #BBQWeek sponsors Saucy Queen and Rainier Foods for donating the prizes for this event. The #BBQWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner are checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
Two (2) winners are selected at random from entries received. The prize packages are fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #BBQWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BBQWeek posts or entries.