Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip is made of whipped cream cheese topped with a fresh cranberry and jalapeno relish, and is the perfect appetizer for any holiday gathering.
One of my favorite party appetizers is cream cheese smothered in some sort of sweet and spicy sauce. like raspberry chipotle sauce, and plenty of crackers to scoop it up with.
But for the holidays, I like to fancy things up a bit. Instead of plopping the whole block of cream cheese on a plate, this cream cheese is whipped and then spread into a pretty dish. And the topping? Not your average salsa or sauce, that’s for sure.
Fresh cranberries are chopped and mixed with sugar, jalapenos, green onions, and cilantro then marinated for a bit before spreading on top of the cream cheese. And the result is a dip that is truly amazing. Creamy, a little sweet, a little crunchy with just a hint of heat, and absolutely chock full of holiday flavor. Because, cranberries = holiday flavor. In case you didn’t know.
Cream cheese is a weakness of mine, and this dip didn’t stand a chance once it was made. It makes a good amount, but be prepared for it to disappear from the appetizer table just as fast as you put it down.
This week I’ve teamed up with some other amazing bloggers to bring you more than 60 cranberry recipes to make your holidays extra delicious! Check out the other recipes from today below!
Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- 12 oz fresh uncooked cranberries
- 2 green onions
- 1-2 fresh jalapeño peppers, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- Use hand food chopper to chop cranberries.
- Chop green onion, jalapeño peppers and cilantro.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chopped cranberries, green onion, cilantro and jalapeños with the sugar, lemon juice and salt and stir gently until blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove cranberry mixture from the fridget and stir. Strain out all the liquid.
- Use a hand mixer to whip softened cream cheese smooth (about 2 minutes) and spread cream cheese over bottom of a pie plate or 9×9 dish.
- Pour cranberry mixture on top of the cream cheese and serve with crackers (or refrigerate until ready to serve.)
It’s Cranberry Week! See all the other delicious cranberry recipes being shared today (and follow #cranberryweek to see even more):
Cranberry & Brown Sugar Glazed Turkey Meatloaf from Savory Moments
Cranberry Butter from Daily Dish Recipes
Cranberry Curd Pie from The Redhead Baker
Cranberry Glazed Meatballs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip from Sweet Beginnings
Cranberry Orange Marmalade from Books n’ Cooks
Cranberry Prosecco Punch from Our Good Life
Cranberry Salsa from The Freshman Cook
Cranberry Swirl Mini Cheesecakes from Our Crafty Mom
Cranberry Walnut Bread from Palatable Pastime
Easy Homemade Cranberry Vanilla Liqueur from Family Around the Table
Homemade Granola Recipe (with cranberries & coconut) from Caroline’s Cooking
Jalapeno Cranberry Bombs from Cookaholic Wife
Pear and Cranberry Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Polar Espresso Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Roasted Maple Bourbon Cranberry Sauce from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Sugared Sparkling Cranberries from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Tart Cherry Cranberry Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie