Yum, yum, yum! I love salad. All kinds of salads, and I don’t eat them nearly enough to satisfy my love for them. And then you add balsamic anything to it, and I could just die. This is the second salad recipe I’ve come across that uses a sweet white balsamic dressing, and i have adored both of them. The other was the Berry & Kiwi Salad…which I am now craving as I type this.
Anywho…another light and refreshing salad for the summer, great for backyard picnics or barbecues, and can easily be made into an entree salad by adding grilled chicken to it. I had dressing left over, and I found myself looking for things – anything – that I could pour it over or dip in it. But, it really is best on the salad. Just sayin’.
Cranberry-Avocado Salad with White Balsamic Dressing
Source: The Cafe’ Sucre’ Farine
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 ½ Tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced sweet onion
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces spring salad mix
- 1 small bunch cilantro (stems removed)
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid and shake well to combine and dissolve sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad mix and cilantro. Top with avocado and crabberries and drizzle about 1/4 cup of dressing over the top. Toss gently to combine. Serve remaining dressing on the side.