A few weeks back, JF had a Pampered Chef party at her house and as usual I ordered a heap of stuff. I wish they weren’t so danged expensive!! In the past I have ordered several of their cookbooks, and while I love their products and their recipes, I get a bit annoyed when the recipes call for a seasoning specific to Pampered Chef. I always improvise with what I have on hand, but this time around I decided to try out one of their seasonings that the other girls were raving about. The Citrus & Basil Rub. I figured it would go well on chicken or fish, and last night I gave it a go. It is similar to a Lemon Pepper seasoning, which I already love, so it made a great addition to the chicken I was making! I considered mixing it with Panko and pan-frying it, but decided for the first use, I would just use the seasoning itself, and I’m glad I did! I also added it to the pasta I served with the chicken for a little extra punch of flavor. I think this might be the simplest dish I have ever made!!
If you are a Pampered Chef customer and haven’t already tried this rub, I would recommend that you add it to your next order. (As a side note, I am not doing a review for the company. I have not been solicited or paid for my opinion, it’s just a product that I tried, liked, and decided to share with my readers!!)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 Tbsp Pampered Chef Citrus & Basil Rub
- Place chicken in ziploc bag and pound to 1/2 inch thickness, for even cooking.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken on both sides with rub and place in skillet.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until juices run clear and outside is nicely browned.
Leave a Reply