I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #FallFlavors recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These rich, fudgy brownies are made even sweeter with a creamy, white chocolate cinnamon dolce coffee buttercream frosting. An absolutely perfect brownie.
Are you in need of a mid-week pick-me-up? Because I sure am. It’s been a long week – if I’m being honest, it’s been an excruciatingly long month – and I am in constant need of pick-me-ups. These brownies with glorious coffee buttercream, are just the solution to the 3 o’clock slump. Or 11 a.m. slump, if that’s your jam.
Usually I am a brownie purist. Meaning, I don’t usually want frosting on my brownies. Just give me a thick, fudgy brownie, and I’m a happy girl. But fudgy brownies with coffee buttercream? I’m all over that. And when the coffee is white chocolate cinnamon dolce, even better.
I’ve seen a lot of recipes that use instant coffee or espresso powder to make frosting, or in baked goods, but I opted to do a strong brewed coffee instead. Door County White Chocolate Cinnamon Dolce Coffee, to be exact. And I can’t say enough times how perfectly it goes with these fudgy brownies.
I take the majority of my baked goods to my office, but since I changed jobs two years ago and the staff size is 7 instead of 25, and half of those 7 aren’t really sweets eaters, the desserts don’t disappear like I’m so used to. But these brownies? These brownies were gone in a hurry. Because they are fan-freaking-tastic. Seriously.
Add these to your fall baking list, and watch them disappear just as quickly as you set them out!
Fudge Brownies with White Chocolate Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Buttercream
For the brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups flour
For the coffee buttercream
- 2 Tbsp strong brewed white chocolate cinnamon dolce coffee (I used Door County)
- 2-3 Tbsp whipping cream
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil, leaving an overhang on the ends for easy removal.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add all four eggs, and mix until fluffy and well-combined.
- Add the salt, cocoa, and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until mixture is combined. It will be thick.
- Push batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- In a large bowl using a stand or hand-held electric mixer beat the butter for about 1 minute to soften. Turn the mixer down to low speed and beat in 2.5 cups of powdered sugar. Once the powdered sugar begins to incorporate, turn the mixer up to medium speed and continue beating. Then mix in the coffee and whipping cream. Add in more powdered sugar to get the desired texture and sweetness you prefer. You can always add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, if you need to thin it out some.
- Remove the cooled brownies from the pan and spread the coffee buttercream on as evenly as possible. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Welcome to Flavors of Fall where we celebrate all things associated with fall like squash, apples, pecans, sweaters, football; you get the idea! Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures have gathered 24 bloggers who have over 100 recipes they’re sharing this week in celebration of cool weather and sweatshirts. We hope you find many must make recipes so get your pinning, tweeting, and sharing fingers ready!
Here’s what we made for Wednesday:
DIY Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Latte by Our Good Life
Pecan Spice Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Mocha by Family Around the Table
Cranberry Apple Quick Bread with Coffee Glaze by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Pumpkin Spice Glazed Scones by Blogghetti
Cinnamon Coffee Rubbed Pork Chops by Simple and Savory
Mom’s Roasted Brown Sugar & Butter Butternut Squash by Books n’ Cooks
Sheet Pan Pecan Maple Pork Tenderloin by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Sweet Potato Cornbread by Palatable Pastime
The Best Slow Cooker Coffee Rub Brisket by Everyday Eileen
Turkey Pecan Cranberry Sliders by Tip Garden
Apple Crisp Hand Pies by The Freshman Cook
Brownies with Coffee Buttercream by Sweet Beginnings
Caramel Apple Tiramisu by The Redhead Baker
Maple Butter Pecan Rice Krispie Treats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Spice Latte Chia Pudding by Love and Confections
Make sure you like Fall Flavors on Facebook and follow the Fall Flavors on Pinterest, too!
Prize 1 – Door County Coffee and Tea Company
Founded in 1993 in Door County, WI, Door County Coffee and Tea Company is a small family owned business. Roasting a variety of flavors for 26 years, one winner will receive three full pot bags of all of their fall flavors. 21 bags in all! Their mission through the years has been to produce high quality, best-tasting coffee using only Specialty Class 1 Arabica coffee beans. Combine that with superior roasting technology and you get a wonderfully even and perfect roast every time and that means the perfect pot of coffee. A $40 value.
Prize 2 – Millican Pecan Tower of Treats Gift Tins
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is a 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Two (2) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entry. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan and Door County Coffee and Tea for providing prizes.