So I have a confession to make. I’ve been holding something back from you guys. Something I should have shared with you months ago. Something that could change your life.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, (about 2 medium heads)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 large apples, finely chopped (I think a red apple variety is better in this salad than a Granny Smith)
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise (I used Light Miracle Whip)
- ½ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar (or honey)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, carrots, apples, pecans, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the dressing into the bowl with the broccoli and apple mixture and stir or toss to coast. Refrigerate until ready to serve, and enjoy!!