A group of girls at my office started a 6-month biggest loser challenge a couple of weeks ago. Whoever loses the highest percentage of weight at the end of 6 months wins the money pot (at $500 right now)! Once I heard about it, I knew that this type of “competition” could be just the motivation I needed to get myself in gear and lose the pesky pounds.
I’m being more conscious of what I’m eating every day, and forcing myself to the gym more often. I’ve lost 3.9 pounds in the past two weeks and I’m happy to be on the right track. J has been super supportive, even bringing me home fitness pamphlets and magazines from the Vitamin store. He has the P90x videos at home, but I’m still a little scared to try those out…ha! Maybe in a couple of weeks??
Blackened Chicken and Mango Salad with
Creamy Avocado Dressing
As seen on Fantastic Eats
For the Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded
For the Salad
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp blackened seasoning
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 4 cups Spring Salad Mix
- To make the dressing, combine the avocado, lime juice and zest, onion, garlic, cilantro, yogurt, and jalapeno in a blender and combine.
- While the blender is going, remove the insert in the lid and slowly drizzle in the water until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.Set Aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with the blackened seasoning, making sure it is fully coated.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until fully cooked through. Remove and let it rest for 3-4 minutes. Then slice or cube, whatever you prefer.
- To assemble the salads, layer the spring lettuce mix, mango, red onion, and grape tomatoes onto two plates. Then top with chicken and desired amount of dressing.