Whew, what a weekend!! Rodeo season is in full swing in Austin, and it’s busy, busy around here! It feels like the weekend just flew by and I can’t believe it’s back to the office today. I’d rather be at home cuddled up my guy, the pups, and the new kitty!! I’ll post some pics later, but you guys…this kitty that my guy got is too adorable for words. It took me all of 3 seconds to fall in love with him.
I love this chicken almost that much.
While it may not be adorable, it is damn delicious!! It took a little longer to cook than my usual weeknight meal, but it was totally worth it!! I actually made it the night before we were going to eat it, because we had church and I knew I wouldn’t have time to cook before we needed to leave. I was worried about reheating it, because not everything reheats well, but it actually did just fine! It’s a little “messy” with the honey glaze, but totally delicious and worth the sticky fingers!! This would make a great Sunday dinner!
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
As seen on The Gourmand Mom
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the soy sauce, honey, parsley, and crushed red pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the chicken drumsticks in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour the honey garlic sauce over the drumsticks. Roll the drumsticks in the sauce to coat all sides.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Leave a Reply