It’s time again for What’s Baking! Our hostess for this month, Ammie from Adventures In My Kitchen, chose the theme of Spring Produce for our challenge. Fortunately “produce” includes both fruits and veggies, so I had a good variety to choose from. As I scrolled through the list of in season produce, I marked down the ones I would be interested in baking with, and for some reason zucchini and pineapple both caught my eye. And instead of choosing between the two, I found a way to use them both!
It sounds like a somewhat strange combination, I know, but the result of this bread was incredibly moist and flavorful. I also made some mini muffins, which were equally delicious, and even better – bite size! You know how I love bite sized food! Spring produce baking = success! Thank you Ammie for a great challenge. Check out her blog at the end of the month to see the round-up from the group’s creations.
Pineapple Zucchini Bread
Source: All Recipes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (fresh or canned) crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease your loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Form a well in the center, and add in the oil, eggs, zucchini, pineapple and vanilla. Stir to combine, until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and cook 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.