Hello Monday. While I’m not excited to see you this week, I am excited to get back into my routine. Since I was sick a couple of weeks ago, it took some time to fully recover and I wasn’t able to work out last week while on staycation. Since I had a week to relax, I’m back to normal now, and I can get back to the gym, back in the kitchen (if I didn’t mention it in previous posts – I didn’t cook during my week off), and back on track.
These potatoes were definitely a welcome variation from my usual side of rice. Red potatoes, baked and then topped with rosemary and feta, and baked a second time. The skin is just a little crispy, with a soft, flavorful center. I love potatoes…all sorts of potatoes, but I don’t buy or make them all that often since the ones that taste good usually aren’t the best for you. These were very tasty, and something I would definitely recommend to friends, and make again for myself!
right here Twice-Baked Potatoes with Feta and Rosemary
Source: Fresh 365
http www ukoptions com Ingredients
10-15 small red potatoes
- olive oil
- 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
- 3 T fresh rosemary leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Scrub potatoes and poke 2-3 holes in each with a fork. Place hole side up, in a single layer, on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes until fork can be inserted easily. Remove baking sheet from oven, and cut an “X” in each potato with a sharp knife. Using a clean kitchen towel, push the top of each potato until it smashes under the pressure and exposes the flesh of the potatoes.
- Cover each smashed potato with olive oil. Sprinkle with feta cheese, rosemary leaves, salt and pepper.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until edges and cheese are golden-brown and crunchy.