Maybe I should rename the blog, Thai Meatballs. What’d ya think? Ok, so I wouldn’t really do that, but I sure do like all the different variations I’ve come across. Coconut milk, curry powder or paste, and a few other ingredients and voila! Delicious Thai flavored sauce over scrumptious meatballs. Yup. I’m definitely a fan. And you will be, too. Promise.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place shredded zucchini in a strainer over a bowl or in the sink and press down with paper towels or a large spoon to press out the moisture.
- Place zucchini, carrots, pork, turkey, ginger, cilantro, garlic, curry powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a large bowl and use your hands to combine.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, form the mixture into balls and set aside on a plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well-combined and smooth.
- Place a large oven safe skillet over medium heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Once saucepan is hot, add the meatballs, in batches if necessary, to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or your favorite grain and veggie. I served mine with quinoa and sauteed zucchini.