news Happy Friday, friends!! Despite the unseasonably cold temps (it was in the 30s at my apartment this morning!!), it’s turning out to be a beautiful day, with promises of a very warm and beautiful weekend. I can’t wait!! Every year as the weather starts to get nicer, the issue of less clothes and swim suits comes back around, and the desire to shed the winter coat that many of us acquire. I’ve been doing pretty well with eating healthier, and even managed not to gain any weight over the holidays. How that happened, I’m not sure, but I am thankful!!
click here now And, since J and I got together, I’ve been trying even more to keep the meals we eat healthy. It’s been going well so far!! And, I’ve been enjoying introducing him to new foods, some he’s never heard of! Quinoa, for example, is something that a lot of people don’t know about. And when he asked what was for dinner the night I made this dish…his reaction when I told him was too cute for words. He thought I was speaking Chinese to him!! Quinoa Bowl = Keenwabo. So freakin’ cute. No wonder I adore him so much.
http://istore-buy.com/bestsellers/tastylia.html Clicking Here Anywho…back to the food! I loved it! Quinoa, chicken, edamame, carrots, and crunchy peanuts tossed in a yummy, peanut-y thai sauce = heaven for this girl. I’ve actually realized lately that I really, really like thai flavors. A lot. We ate this on a Sunday night (Easter, I think) after a heavier meal that afternoon, and it was a good, light meal to end the weekend with. Now, with the weekend right here, this would be a great meal to add to your menu!! Get to it!
binär optionen test http://uksestukseni.ee/?kamen3=tassazione-profitti-opzioni-digitali&2e8=a1 Thai Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Source: How Sweet It Is
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp canned coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Prepare quinoa according to directions, using chicken or vegetable broth in place of water – for better flavor.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Once the quinoa is ready (all liquid absorbed), stir in the sauce and toss well to coat. Add the chicken, carrots, edamame and green onions, stirring to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then stir in half of the peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve topped with additional peanuts and cilantro.