The only time I can really remember eating anything on a tostada was when my mom made us chalupas. And I don’t know of many things I love as much as mom’s chalupas. However, when I saw these tostadas on Cassie’s blog, they looked just too good to pass up. And I’m glad I took a chance on another version of tostadas, because they were freaking fantastic!! I felt more of the spicy than I did the sweet, but I love spicy so that was just fine with me.
The sweetness comes from the cilantro-lime ranch dressing, and I think I got more spicy from the hot sauce I put on than the recipe itself would have given. I used orange tostada shells because I just think they are prettier 😉 I definitely suggest you give them a try as soon as possible. And that sauce…mmm mmm. Would be great on a number of taco recipes!
Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Chicken Tostadas
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Tostadas (store bought or homemade*)
- Cilantro-lime ranch dressing
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl, then rub on both sides of the chicken breasts coating completely.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in for 20-30 minutes, until juices run clear and the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Using a stand mixer or 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Assemble the tostadas by topping each one with chicken, shredded cheese, hot sauce, and the cilantro-lime ranch dressing.