Hasta la vista, July. I’ve had a lot of fun this month, but August…well, August is sure to be the best month of the year!
While I am still in shock at how quickly this year is passing, I can’t think of a better way to say goodbye to July than with these amazing tacos! I mean, look at how pretty that shrimp looks covered in it’s yummy sauce!! I love shrimp. Probably a little more than I should. Fried shrimp has always been one of my favorite things to eat, but I rarely fry anything. So, I have to find other ways to enjoy my shrimp, and when I saw these tacos I didn’t waste any time getting them on the menu.
And, as has been the norm lately, these tacos took all of 10 minutes, if that, to make. See, that’s one of the many wonderful things about shrimp…the cook very quickly. And when I mixed up the cilantro yogurt sauce…well, let’s just say that it’s a good thing the shrimp only took a couple of minutes to cook, because I’m not sure I could have waited very long to put that sauce on something!
I posted a picture on facebook, and almost immediately had two friends comment asking for the recipe! I shared it with them, gladly!! And now I’m sharing it with you! And don’t forget to check out the Food Calendar, for what’s on the menu this week!
Source: Bev Cooks
1 bunch cilantro, ends trimmed and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 3 Tbsp plain, fat-free greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and pat dry
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- Flour tortillas
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice. Add the yogurt and blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sear the shrimp about 1 minute per side.
- Combine the shrimp and shredded cabbage with the yogurt sauce, and stir gently to combine.
- Warm the tortillas and fill with the shrimp mixture.