I’ve discovered that I have a bad habit. I don’t usually read a recipe fully until it’s time for me to make it.
I look at the ingredients to make my grocery list, and then I don’t look at the directions fully until it’s time to cook dinner. When the recipe is a crockpot recipe, this can create a problem at dinner time. And yes, that happened to me with these scrumptious tacos. I got home from work and pulled out the recipe and realized that I was looking at three hours before I could eat dinner. Dammit. I was really looking forward to yummy tacos for dinner. Instead I had to swap nights and push these to the weekend. But, they are worth the time they take!
Salsa verde is my favorite kind of hot sauce, second only to my mom’s homemade hot sauce, so anytime I see a recipe that involves the green stuff, I’m immediately interested! Slow-cooking the chicken in the salsa definitely infused some great flavor, and then mixing it in after it was done just made the flavor more bold. Adding the avocado gave it a little creaminess, and don’t forget the cheese!!
opzioni binarie normativa Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
Slightly adapted from The Novice Chef
algobit demo trading system Ingredients
- 1 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4-6 flour or corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Combine 1/2 cup of the salsa verde, chicken broth and garlic salt in your crockpot. Add chicken breasts and cook for 3 hours on high or 7 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl or stand mixer, discarding the cooking liquid. Shred the chicken with two forks or the paddle attachment in the stand mixer and place in a medium bowl. Add the remaining cup of salsa and the chopped cilantro to chicken and stir to combine.
- Warm the toritllas, and spoon the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with avocado slices, cheese, and additional salsa if desired.