Yesterday was the first day of my week of vacation, and it was nice to be able to relax and not have any cooking or baking requirements. I was able to clean my apartment and then take time prepping for and making dinner. And let me tell you, these tacos were amazing!! I made myself a plate, sat in front of the TV, and watched DVDs for the rest of the night. Ah, it is so nice to not have a schedule to keep to! However, I am not the type who can lounge for long so tomorrow I’ll be back in the swing of productiveness! Although I was quite productive today, cleaning and such, but I digress.
These Lime Chicken Soft Tacos had such a great flavor that I was hesistant to add the toppings, for fear that it would take away from the flavor of the meat, but fortunately the flavors came through and the toppings complimented those flavors! I think these are my favorite tacos so far!
Lime Chicken Soft Tacos
Adapted from: Allrecipes.com
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons comino
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- salsa verde
- sour cream
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. Remove from pan to a large bowl. Use two forks to shred chicken.
- Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and comino to skillet, over medium heat. Add shredded chicken and simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with avocado, tomato, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa.