T.G.I. Tuesday! I know that is usually a sentiment saved for Fridays, but with a rough start to the week, I was very much looking forward to starting a new day…and what better way to start than sharing an amazing taco recipe with you all? Coming from being a girl that loves to cook and bake to becoming a food blogger has been an eye-opening experience, in the best possible way. Not only have I “met” some amazing, fellow food blogger ladies, but I learn new things about food all the time. Things that I probably should have known, but hey…at least I’m learning! I will (sheepishly) admit that I am not very knowledgable about when fruits and veggies are “in season”. I find recipes, make my grocery list, and go buy what I need. I never thought to figure out what is in season and plan my menus more closely with that. For instance, I had no idea that grapefruit is a winter fruit. Did you? Let’s pretend you didn’t so I don’t feel quite so dumb, okay? Thanks.
Anywho…Shawnda over at Confections of a Foodie Bride is quite the lover of grapefruit, and after drooling over recipes like her grapefruit margaritas I finally took notice of her repeated mentioning that she loves winter because it’s grapefruit season. Well, it isn’t quite winter anymore, but I had to try these tacos anyway. I promise I’m going to try to be more conscientious about the food seasons from now on…
In season or not, these tacos were amazing, and I can’t promise I won’t make them again before winter…they are light and refreshing, which definitley reminds me of something great for Spring and Summer weather! Check out Shawnda’s amazing blog…she has a ton of great recipes, and some of the most amazing pictures! Makes me want to lick my computer screen some days. What? Go look before you judge!
http://kingsleyprimary.net/?defiwer=bin%C3%A4re-optionen-wie&637=79 Fish Tacos with Grapefruit & Avocado Salsa
Slightly Modified from Confections of a Foodie Bride
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled, segmented, and chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Juice of 1 lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, and diced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb white fish (I used tilapia)
- 6 flour (or corn) tortillas
- 6 Tbsp of sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- In a medium bowl, combine the grapefruit, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and cook 2-4 minutes per side, until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and divide into 6 servings.
- Slather a tablespoon of sour cream (or greek yogurt) onto each tortilla, top with fish and a generous serving of salsa.