And, aren’t you proud that I’ve been using corn tortillas more lately? I prefer the white corn to yellow, and they are healthy to boot. Awesome!! But you could use flour if you wanted to, and they’d be just as yummy. Tacos are versatile like that. Probably why I love them so.
I’m quickly approaching the 50-taco mark…can you believe it? Who knew there were so many variations out there?? I sure didn’t…and I’m wondering when I’m going to run out of recipes to make?? Hopefully not for awhile, yet. Now, get ye to the kitchen and throw this together for dinner!!
Crockpot Beer Carnitas Tacos
As seen on How Sweet It Is
- 5-6 pounds pork shoulder roast (or butt)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 8 oz beer (your choice)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Corn tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Large mango, peeled and diced
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix the seasonings until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork and sear on all sides until golden brown (about 2 minutes per side).
- Place the pork in the crockpot, sprinkle the seasonings over the top, and then pour in the beer.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours (or on high for 5-6). Add more beer if needed during the cooking process (I didn’t add any).
- Use as stand mixer or two forks to shred the meat, then return to the crockpot for another 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Warm tortillas, top with shredded meat, sour cream, shredded cheese, mango, avocado, and cilantro.