1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, cut into a medium dice
1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp cumin, divided
- 2 tsp chili powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- flour tortillas
- queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- lime and cilantro for garnish
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- In a bowl, toss the diced sweet potato with the oil, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, a pinch of coarse salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small sauce pan add the beans and season with the remaining cumin, chili powder and garlic salt. Heat for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Warm tortillas and spoon on some beans, followed by sweet potatoes. Top with diced avocado, queso fresco, a little lime juice, and cilantro leaves.