Yesterday was J’s birthday, and since we both had to work, I wanted to at least start his day off with a breakfast that he loves but wouldn’t normally have during the week. h recently went to a Fast & Fit Meal Prep get-together (I had to work so couldn’t go with him), and this little gem was one of the ideas he came home with. When he first told me about it, I thought it sounded weird but I made it for him one morning (my first time to make an omelet too, btw) and it was purdy darn good!
Eggs, agave, lemon pepper seasoning, and cheese. It doesn’t get much simpler than that. The only thing you need to add, is patience. Omelets take a minute. Or ten. And while it takes a little longer than it might for breakfast tacos or whatnot, it is totally worth the wait. And now, I’m thinking of other omelet variations I can make for my honey on the weekends. The possibilities are endless! But I definitely suggest trying this one.
Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Omelet (SSO)
Source: Larry St. Clair (a friend of J’s)
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Agave nectar
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- Whisk the eggs together in a medium bowl. Stir in the agave and lemon pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the egg mixture, cover, and allow to cook until the edges are firm (the center will still be runny/soupy.) This can take up to 10 minutes – be patient!
- When the edges are firm sprinkle the cheese on top, replace the cover, and allow the cheese to melt.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold one half of the omelet over onto the other half. Allow to cook for another minute or so, so it melts together then carefully slide it onto a plate.
- Drizzle with extra agave, if you’d like. Enjoy!!