I always like to ask J if he has any requests when I’m making my menu plans each month. Usually he replies with something along the lines of, “I’m easy to please” or “I’m not picky”, but this month, he had some ingredient (not specific dishes) requests. Sun-dried tomatoes were one of those ingredients. The man loves them. Like, really loves them. So, I went out in search of recipes using sun-dried tomatoes, and I came across this one on Pinterest.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in the skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes per side until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan, cover, and set aside.
- Add the butter, onion and garlic to the skillet and saute for about 2 minutes. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes, and stir well. Add the flour and whisk everything together to for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock & wine, whisking until smooth. Add cream and continue to whisk for a couple minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Add the basil & stir to combine, then add the chicken back to the pan. Spoon sauce over chicken, and let it set for a couple of minutes to warm through before serving.