Happy, Healthy Monday y’all!! I know for a lot of people (myself included), when the weekends get busy and we’re out running errands or whatnot, we may not eat as healthy as we’d like or as we would at home. So, once Monday rolls around, we’re itching to get back on track and back to our healthy eating habits. AmIright?
So, maybe I’m feeling a little guilty about my own eating choices yesterday (chicken tenders, fried okra, and mashed potatoes with gravy, anyone?) but I wanted to share a good, healthy recipe with you all today to start the week off right!
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or 2 tsp fresh, grated ginger root)
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 turkey breast cutlets
- Combine the lime zest, 1/4 cup of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, and 1/8 tsp of salt in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside until ready to serve.
- Place the coriander, cumin, and paprika in a small skillet over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, onion, the toasted spices, garlic, ginger, tomato paste and oil. Mix well.
- Place the turkey cutlets in a resealable plastic bag or shallow baking dish and cover with the marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook turkey, in batches if necessary, 1-2 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve with couscous or brown rice and the sauce.