The first couple of weeks living alone, and therefore cooking for one, proved to be a bit of a challenge. I never realized just how much I enjoy cooking for others. It’s just not as much fun cooking for yourself, and so I was at a loss for inspiration. But it didn’t take long to shake those kitchen blues and start coming up with some new dishes. I started looking through the freezer, fridge, and pantry to see what I had on-hand and then thinking up dishes that I could scale down. Noting what cooking group deadlines I had coming up, I decided to try and tackle some of those.
As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program I received one jar of Classico Light Creamy Alfredo Sauce, and the first combination that came to mind was Shrimp & Broccoli Alfredo! I wondered how flavorful the sauce would be since it was a “light” version, but it was actually really good! Still very creamy, but with less fat and calories…who could ask for better?? This is definitely a great store-bought sauce for a quick, easy dinner.
Shrimp & Broccoli Alfredo
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb of peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 jar of Classico Light Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile steam broccoli florets in a separate pot. Mix shrimp, garlic, lemon pepper and 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat then add shrimp mixture. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until shrimp are slightly pink. Do not overcook or the shrimp will be tough.
- Heat the alfredo sauce in a small saucepan until warm but not not boiling.
- Add broccoli to the skillet with shrimp and stir to coat with garlic mixture. Pour the shrimp and broccoli into the pot with the pasta and mix alfredo sauce into it.
- Serve hot with garlic bread!