Helloooooo! Happy middle of January. How is it already the middle of January?? The days and weeks sure are flying by, and the wedding will be here before we know it. I’m so excited, anxious, overwhelmed, but mostly…blessed. Blessed to have found the love of my life and to be so close to starting our journey as husband and wife. And of course, I want to look my very best on our special day so I’ve been extra diligent about going to boot camp and cooking healthy meals for us. So far so good. And this one. Well…this one right here…is healthy and freaking amazing.
If you love salmon, sushi, and/or wasabi, then this needs to go on your to-make list right away! It’s gotten a lot of interest since I posted a pic of it on Instagram and Facebook a few nights ago, so…here ya go friends, as promised!! Enjoy!!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1-2 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 2-3 tsp wasabi paste (use your own discretion and tolerance for spiciness – wasabi is spice-eeeey!)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- In a shallow baking dish, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, pepper, lemon juice, and chili flakes. Place the salmon in the marinade (skin side UP if your salmon has the skin on it…if not turn to coat both sides.)
- Preheat a large skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Place the salmon fillets, skin side down if it has the skin, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip, (if skin-on, gently peel off with tongs) and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until seared and nearly cooked through. (If you had skin-on salmon, flip one last time for an additional minute to get a good sear on that side as well with the skin removed.)
- While the salmon is cooking, combine all the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl. Be careful with the wasabi! Add a little, taste, and add more if you want it. Add water a teaspoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. I like mine a little thicker, so I didn’t put much water. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the salmon with a generous helping of the sauce on top and extra green onions if you’d like. Also with a good grain and veggie, of course!