What’s that you say? Another post today? Yep, that’s right…it’s a double post day!! Not only was today reveal day for Daring Cooks, but it’s also Sammich Saturday! And today, as I sit at the office, I am so excited to share today’s recipe! I had originally planned to make these sliders, but after making the Spicy Bean and Rice Tacos last week, I thought I’d try my hand at making my own sliders using the leftovers.
I’ll have to admit, I was probably a little more excited about these little bites than I should have been, but it turned out to be for good reason!! The rice and bean patties crisped up nicely, and the Sriracha mayo….well, do I really need to tell you for the gazillionth time how much I love Sriracha??? This little sammich knocked it right out of the park for me…I wasn’t particularly hungry that day, but I ate two sliders anyway. I couldn’t help myself.
You should try them. Soon. Like, today maybe. Trust me!
Rice and Bean Sliders
Inspired by Spicy Bean & Rice Tacos
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup water, vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup miracle whip or mayo
- 2-3 Tbsp Sriracha
- Slider buns
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, chili powder, chipotle, cumin, salt and cayenne and stir, cooking just until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add the beans and the water or broth to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally, and mash the mixture slightly with the back of a wooden spoon. Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the rice.
- Start mixing in Panko crumbs until mixture holds together well (1/2 cup – 1 cup.)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, form mixture into slider size patties and cook each side until crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix mayo and Sriracha (a little at a time until you reach your desired heat level) in a separate bowl and toast buns if you prefer.
- Place a pattie on the bottom slider bun, slather the top bun with Sriracha mayo, put it together and enjoy your delicious sammich!!