Saturday has always been my favorite day of the week. It’s the one day that I feel like I can do whatever I want and I don’t have to worry about being tired from working all day, or preparing to work the next day. If I want to sit on the couch all day and watch TV and go out and party with my friends at night, I still have Sunday to sleep in and then get the household chores done. It’s also my favorite day to catch up on cooking and baking.
I mentioned to you yesterday that I want to start coming up with more, original recipes and in my attempt to do this, I have done quite a bit of pantry evaluation. During one of these little raids, I came across a couple of ingredients that I purchased awhile back for a sammich idea I had, even before Sammich Saturdays began. And then promptly forgot about it. Oops! But, it’s better late than never, right?? That’s what I think. And I’m really happy to be sharing this recipe with you now, beause…it. is. delicious. And easy, which is a great attribute for a sammich. Oh, and I can’t forget to mention that the citrus and pineapple flavors are great for summer!! You could grill the chicken and the pineapple ring for some added smokiness…that would be great! Mmm.
Orange-Ginger Pineapple Chicken Sammich
http://maltonmc.co.uk/welsh-forest-rallying-in-jepordy/feed A Sweet Beginnings’ Original
trading di opzioni binarie demo Makes 2 Sammiches
- 2 bonless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Orange-Ginger Sauce (I used La Choy)
- 2 Pineapple Rings (I used Dole canned in JUICE, not syrup, but fresh would be great for the grill!!)
- 2 Sandwich Rolls (Hawaiian sweet rolls work great!)
- Heat oil in a skillet, grill pan or grill over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, heat the sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat, until just warm, then pour the warmed sauce over the chicken, and turn to coat both sides.
- If you are grilling the pineapple, do so during the last couple of minutes the chicken is cooking, and just long enough to get nice grill marks on each side.
- Toast or grill your sandwich rolls, spoon a teaspoon of the sauce onto the bottom bun, then top with lettuce, chicken, pineapple ring, and top bun.