2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bread
Butter for bread
- 4 slices turkey
- 4 slices baked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as much as needed for frying
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Butter both sides of each slice of bread.
Place 2 slices of ham, turkey and cheese on two slices of bread. Top with the remaining two slices of bread, to form two sandwiches.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and melt the butter.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl.
Place in the hot skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Cut sandwiches in half, diagonally, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, and serve with your favorite jam and/or mustard. I used raspberry jam and chardonnay dijon mustard and both were phenomenal (even mixed) with the sammich!!!