Hi, my name is Jaida and I’m addicted to jalapenos. And cream cheese. And while we’re at it…sammiches. I need help.
Naturally, when I saw this sammich combining some of my favorite ingredients, I knew it was going to be amazing and that I had to make it. But I had no idea just how amazing it would be. I’m usually a grilled cheese purist. I like the standard cheese and bread, melted and accompanied by a pickle spear or tomato soup. But, recently I’ve come across quite a few sinful-looking varieties of grilled cheese that looked too good to pass up. And now…well, now my whole grilled cheese philosophy has changed and I can’t wait to try the other varieties I’ve found! This grilled cheese was perfectly creamy, with the spice and tang of pickled jalapenos. I think it would also be really good to it with fresh roasted jalapenos. Yu-um!
And on another, completely unrelated topic…I thought I’d share with you that I jumped out of a plane! That’s right, I went skydiving!! It was something of an amazing experience, and I am so glad that I finally got the chance to do it!! I only had a moment of terror, when I watched a couple of solo jumpers hop out of the plane before me. But once my body left the plane, there was no fear. Not that it would have done me any good, I mean…once you’re out of the plane, there’s not going back!! But, falling through the air, 2 1/2 miles above the ground is pretty exhilerating! If you care to read more about the experience, check out my personal blog 🙂 Here is one of my photos:
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Source: Smells Like Home
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- Jalapeno slices from a jar
- 4-6 slices of good, melty cheese
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Lightly butter one side of all the bread slices
- Spread the cream cheese on the un-buttered side of two of the slices. Top the cream cheese side with enough jalapeno slices to cover the entire piece of bread, and then cover with your cheese of choice and the second buttered piece of bread.
- Lay the sandwiches in the skillet and cover with a lid or foil to keep the heat in the skillet. Cook long enough to brown the bread, then flip and cook until browned and cheese is melted.
- Slice diagonally and serve while still warm.