We have made it through the first full week of June now, and according to my theromstat, the summer temps are in full force. Not quite over the 100 degree marker yet, but teetering pretty close. Before long, I will be asking myself why I love the heat so much. But at least there are things I can eat to cool me down and add a little refresment to the hot days.
This sammich is one such thing. What could be lighter and more refreshing that eggs, aspargus, and dill on bread? Not much (that isn’t a beverage) that I can think of!! As soon as I saw the picture of this thing, I knew it would be a perfect sammich to enjoy in the midst of the heat. And boy, was it! The crunch of the asparagus and the bread, with the soft eggs in between…so good!! Before asparagus goes out of season, you should definitely get this on your weekend menu. You’ll thank me for it later, trust me.
opzioni binarie bancoposta Egg & Asparagus Sammich
Source: The Kitchn
como cobrar en opciones binarias Ingredients
- 1/2 a bunch of asparagus spears (about 15 spears)
- 2 small baguettes (a heartier bread works best)
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced raw onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice for spritzing
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Remove the woody ends from the asparagus and cut the spears in half length-wise.
- Dice the red onion and put in a small bowl with the red wine vinegar, set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add a little oil. Sear the asparagus spears, 3-4 minutes per side slightly charring.
- Split the baguettes in half and remove a little of the doughy center to make room for the asparagus and egg to fit inside. Lightly toast the bread and slather with the Dijon mustard and a little olive oil.
- Top with sliced egg, 1/2 of the asparagus, dill, vinegar-soaked onions, and a spritz of lemon all over the interior of the sandwich. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.