It was very light, crunchy, and oh my…the cilantro-jalapeno hummus was so easy to make and so freaking delicious! I’ve always been a fan of hummus, especially the roasted red pepper variety, but this one knocks all the others I’ve had out of the park. And not only is it good to just eat with pita chips (or anything really), but it compliments this wrap so well.
I haven’t made it a secret that I’m not a big vegetarian-food fan, but this veggie wrap is one that I could probably eat every day. Sweet yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, hummus, and cheese…yep, I’m hooked! And it’s the perfect light lunch for the summer! And picnics! Ooh…now I want to go on a picnic!
1 1/2 cups cilantro-jalapeno hummus (recipe below)
4 large flour tortillas (fajita or wrap-size)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
2 whole scallions, chopped
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 cups shredded lettuce
Spread hummus over top 2/3 of each tortilla. Layer on cheese, peppers, cucumbers, scallions, tomatoes, and lettuce down the center.
Fold the sides of the tortilla up to compress the filling a bit, then fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in about 1 inch of the sides and roll firmly away from you, compressing the filling as you roll.
Cut each wrap in half diagonally. Serve with extra hummus for dipping 🙂
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 15-oz cans garbanzo beans (undrained)
- juice of 1 1/2 limes
- 1/3 cup high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3/4 – 1 t salt (or to taste)
- Put garlic to food processor and run until finely diced.
- Add jalapenos and process until finely diced.
- Add garbanzo beans (including liquid) and blend until smooth.
- Finally, add lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and salt and process until smooth.