I’ve been trying to be more consistent with making sammiches/wraps and/or salads on the weekends for lunch, because they are usually pretty quick and easy and our weekends are usually pretty busy. Sometimes so busy that actually having time to make lunch is hard. I’ve made beef, turkey, and lamb burgers before, but had yet to make a chicken burger. I have several pinned and saved, but when I saw this one I knew that it had to be on the menu right away.
And holy mackerel was it good!! The flavors from all the seasonings really came through and the patty itself had a great taste. Add to that avocado on top and you have what is now my favorite non-beef burger. That’s saying something y’all, cuz I loves me a good burger!!! J had never had anything made with ground chicken before, but he loves turkey burgers, and now chicken burgers too!!
If you’ve never tried a chicken burger before, you definitely need to add this to your menu!!
Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Burgers
As seen on What’s Gaby Cooking
- 1 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped jalapeño
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- miracle whip or mayo
- Place the chicken in a medium bowl and add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and black pepper.
- Using your hands, mix gently until everything is incorporated, but don’t over-mix.
- Form the mixture into four 1/2″-thick patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the patties and cook 4-6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Spread miracle whip or mayo on the bottom of each burger bun, top with the chicken patty, avocado slices, and top bun. Devour and enjoy!!