Are you tired of hearing where we currently are on this cruise? If you are somewhere in the bitter cold, I can see how you’d be cursing me. I hope not, because today, we are in Belize!! Yesterday was Honduras, and today, Belize. It’s like I’m living a dream life this week, y’all. And to think that in just over 5 months, we’ll be traveling just a little farther south to Costa Rica for our honeymoon…le sigh. Life is good. And so is this soup. Chili. Whatever it is. Warm, comforting, and delicious.
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (enough to yield 4 cups cooked shredded chicken)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil OR cooking spray
- 4 cups (one 32-oz. container) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 2 cups (one 16-oz jar) salsa verde
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Avocado, chopped
- Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Tomatoes, diced
- Tortilla Chips
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove to a bowl and either shred with two forks, or in your stand mixer with the paddle attachment (my preferred method!)
- In a large pot, add shredded chicken, chicken broth, beans, salsa verde, cumin and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with desired toppings. I listed the ones we used above…it was so good!!