Happy Hump Day friends! We’ve made it half-way through another week and January will be over before we know it! As I mentioned on Friday, I took Monday off to go to the circus and we had a great time. We ended up taking J’s great-niece with us and she was a hoot! Gotta love the fun, silly little girls. I might vaguely remember being like that once, a lifetime ago…ha! My favorite part, of course, was the elephants (better known to those who know me well as ephalumps!) but overall it was just a fun day. I got to see my Godson which always makes me happy. He’s getting so big, so fast!
You may also remember in my post last week for the Quinoa and Black Bean Burrito Bowls that I talked about how we had some great, but simple meals a couple of weekends ago. Well, the first of those was this salad that I just threw together on a whim using some leftover salmon and couscous from dinner the night before. J oohed and aahed over it and declared that we should eat more salads. You got it babe 🙂
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3-4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing (or dressing of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet, skin-side down if they have skin. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous with chicken or vegetable broth according to package instructions.
- To assemble the salad, place a handful of spinach in each bowl and top with a spoonful of couscous, half a salmon fillet, 1/4 of an avocado, a spoonful of tomato, and dressing.