It wasn’t very long ago that I made risotto for the first time. And I’ve been in love ever since. I will admit that I was a bit intimidated by the process at first, and I don’t make it often because of the time it takes, but I enjoy it so much when I do make it. I like to consider it a special side dish, and it’s a treat wheneven I get to eat it. When I opened up the Pampered Chef Eat Fresh, Eat Healthy cookbook, this was the first recipe and I almost drooled on the page! Risotto with a hint of saffron and asparagus?!?! Yes, please and thank you!! I paired it with the Cracker-Crusted Chicken and it made a refreshing meal.
You should definitely add this to your menu for your next Risotto treat 🙂
http://cactus.com.au/contact/ Saffron & Asparagus Risotto
Source: Pampered Chef – Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy
opzioni binarie gruppo Ingredients
3 cups chicken stock
1/4 tsp saffron threads
3 medium shallots
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and into 1-in pieces
2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- Bring broth and saffron to a simmer over medium heat in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, finely chop shallots. Heat oil in a skillet, add shallots and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add rice, cook and stir for 1 minute or until rice is evenly coated with oil.
- Add the wine and cook 3-4 minutes or until the wine is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Using a ladle, pour 1/2 cup of broth into the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes, or until the broth is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Repeat this process 4 more times, leaving you with 1/2 cup of the broth left.
- Add the last 1/2 cup of broth, the asparagus, 1/3 cup of Parmesan, salt & pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until the asparagus is crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from the heat, add cream cheese and stir until incorporated.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top and serve!