It’s that time again!! The bi-monthly recipe swap hosted by A Taste of Home Cooking! And this is the round we call Blogger’s Choice, where we are assigned a blog and get to choose any recipe we want. I was assigned Amy’s blog, What’s Brewing in the Kitchen, and after searching through looking for just the right recipe, I came across this yummy veggie dip! I’ve been looking for healthy snack alternatives that I can have in the evenings or at work, and this was just what I needed. Easy, healthy, and oh-so-delicious!
I used quite a bit of garlic, so it had a kick to it, but if I hadn’t run out of pita bread, I could have eaten the entire batch. I will definitely be having this for snacks regularly!
White Bean, Garlic, Rosemary, and Red Pepper Dip
As seen on What’s Brewing in the Kitchen
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut off the pointed end of the garlic bulb. Wrap the garlic in foil, pour a little olive oil over the cut end, and roast until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven, open the foil, and allow the garlic to cool. Squeeze the garlic from the skins into a food processor.
- Add the beans, lemon juice, olive oil, scallions, red pepper, rosemary and caynne. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until the flavors are blended, at least one hour.
- Serve with pita bread or chips, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. for dipping.