Happy Friday the 13th!!
It’s time again for the recipe swap, hosted by my good friend Sarah over at A Taste of Home Cooking! The theme for this round was Vegetarian, and I received a recipe from Nicole at Cookies on Friday. I don’t eat a lot of vegetarian dishes on a regular basis, but I have been trying to incorporate more of them into my regular diet. And, what a perfect theme for summer!!
This warm chickpea salad is a great weeknight meal or weekend lunch, and has a great balance of protein, veggies, and cheese! I love the colors of the dish, it’s just so pretty to look at! Almost too pretty to eat! Almost. Check Sarah’s blog next week to find the round-up of recipes, and check out Nicole’s blog for some tasty treats as well!
binära optioner live Warm Chickpea Salad
Contributed by Cookies on Friday, via BBC Good Food
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 3 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Put the onion, zucchini, red pepper and tomatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and toss well.
- Cook the veggies for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are cooked and turning golden brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, combine the lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl. Add in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the veggies to cool for 5 minutes and then combine them with the chickpeas, feta, and dressing in a large bowl. Toss lightly and serve.