I love burgers. Or anything between two pieces of bread for that matter. So, when I saw the theme for this round fo the Recipe Swap as being sandwiches/burgers, I was super excited. And even moreso when I received my recipe for Jalapeno PepperJack Burgers from Nichole of The Coohaholic Wife. I
not so secretly kind of love her, and her food. I couldn’t have been paired with a more perfect recipe. Go check out her blog and you’ll fall in love too. Great recipes!
Hi, have you met me? I love jalapenos, and spicy food. Pair that with a burger and I’m in heaven!
Jalapeno Pepper Jack Burgers
Source: The Cookaholic Wife
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbs. minced pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 8 1/2 inch cubes Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- Your favorite burger toppings, such as: lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo
PreparationIn a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients from the ground beef to the cayenne pepper. Mix together and form into 8 patties.
- Make an indention in each patty and place the Pepper Jack cube inside. Mold the meat around the cheese to make a patty form again.
- Place the patties in the refrigerator and preheat a grill or skillet until it reaches desired temperature.
- Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Add a slice of cheese and cook 1 minute more or until the cheese has melted.
- Place burger onto bun and add desired toppings.