It’s a double post Friday!! For this round of the recipe swap, hosted by Sarah of A Taste of Home Cooking, the theme was Side Dishes. Not only did I receive one great side dish from Sparks from the Kitchen, but one of the ladies had her baby in the midst of this swap so I also made her recipe, which came from DeLish DeMaria! How lucky am I to be able to make TWO great dishes?!?!
Any dish that involves fresh veggies and lemon juice is a winner in my book, and this dish is just so fresh and easy to prepare that it can be a go-to at any time. Just look at it! I definitely see this being a recurring summer side dish, and I suggest you try it out soon as well!!
As always, thanks to Sarah for hosting these swaps, and be sure to check out the other great recipes below!
Source: Sparks from the Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 European cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam green beans in 1/2 inch boiling water covered for 3 or 4 minutes. Remove the green beans and place into a bowl of ice water to shock them. Drain well.
- Combine the green beans, onions, cucumber and tomatoes in a medium bowl, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, or eat immediately.