This must be my week for Brussels sprouts 🙂 Since Ashley had her baby this week, Sarah asked if I could make her dish, and I was happy to step in so that she could focus on her new bundle of joy. It was side-dish extravaganza at my house and I was loving every minute!
This side dish actually made me think of the pizza I just posted yesterday, and has me thinking that I should try adding this delicious apple chicken sausage to make one fantabulous pizza dinner! What do you think???
I think of this more as a main dish than a side dish, because of the sausage, but no matter what you call it…it’s delicious!! And, another fabulous way to cook the veggie that is quickly becoming my favorite. I used bacon instead of pancetta because it was last minute and I had bacon on hand. And hey, they’re in the same pork family 😉
Keep an eye out for that pizza…I see it coming in the near future. And, make sure to check out all the other side dish recipes below!
Brussels Sprouts wiht Bacon & Apple Chicken Sausage
Source: DeLish DeMaria
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, cleaned & quartered
- 2 links apple chicken sausage, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the shallots. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bacon & cook for another 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add in the Brussels sprouts and cook, without stirring for 2 minutes, allowing to brown. Cook another couple of minutes, stirring, and then add in the sausage.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, season with salt and pepper, and serve!