The theme for this week’s recipe swap was Apple or Pumpkin, and I received this recipe for Apple Butter Pound Cake from Rachel at Fall In Love. It was a little challenging to find the Apple Butter, but once I did this cake was easy to make, turned out very moist and delicious! I love apples, and this was a wonderful new way to use them in a dessert.
Binary options broker basics Apple Butter Pound Cake
Source: Fall in Love, as seen on Our Share of the Harvest, as adapted from Martha Stewart’s Classic Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 apple peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F. Grease one 9x 5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar for a full 8 minutes. It should be very light in color and fluffy in texture.
- Beat in vanilla extract and apple butter until thoroughly combined.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat slightly. Add in increments to the butter mixture, beating to combine after each addition.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in increments, beating only until just combined after each addition.
- Fold in apple pieces. Spoon batter into prepared pan, tapping to release bubbles and smoothing the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.