http://ww.modernhomesleamington.co.uk/kitchens/case-studies/itemlist/category/20-testimonials?format=feed And, in the way that he likes to teach me new things in the exercise world, I love to introduce new food to him. Things he’s never had before (some he’s never even heard of.) Awhile back I asked if he wanted to try lamb chops. He said he’d never had them, but sure! I have a couple of recipes on the blog for ones I’ve made in the past, but when I saw this recipe I decided we’d try it out!
http://rozenhout.nl/text-on-image-hover/ For the cherry port sauce
- 1 cup Tawny Port
- 1 cup pitted cherries fresh or frozen, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 lamb chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sauce pot over high heat, combine the Port, cherries, vinegar, sea salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce has reduced by 3/4 and is thick enough to coat a spoon. Cover and set aside until needed.
- Preheat oven to 425°F, line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the pumpkin seeds, garlic, and rosemary until finely chopped. Pour the mixture onto a plate or into a shallow dish.
- Season both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper then place into the pumpkin seed mixture. Press down to make sure the mixture sticks, then flip it over and do the same for the other side and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chops.
- Place the chops in the oven and cook for 6 minutes, the turn them over and cook for an additional 6 minutes, for medium rare. Add additional time if you prefer your chops more well-done. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- If needed, reheat the sauce over low heat, add a spoonful of port if the sauce has become too thick while resting.
- Serve the chops with sauce served over the top and additional on the side if you like.