It’s hump daaaaaay!!! I love knowing that we are just 2 days away from it being the weekend again. I love weekends. But, who doesn’t?? I don’t even have specific plans for this weekend, but I’m excited anyway! J will go hunting at some point, and hopefully come home with a tasty deer to stock our freezer with! And I have a baking venture planned, most likely while he is gone hunting. Let’s just say it’ll be something pumpkin-y. You know, because I can’t go through the fall season without jumping on the bandwagon at least a leetle bit. For now, however, I bring to you some mighty tasty little balls of pork and chorizo. J and I looooove chorizo. Not the healthiest thing in the world, and we don’t eat it often, but we thoroughly enjoy it when we do!
- 1 lb of Ground Pork
- 1/2 lb Chorizo, fresh (raw), castings removed
- 1 1/4 cup of Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 minced Chipotle Chile
- 1 Tbsp of Adobo Sauce from a can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Use your hands to gently combine all of the ingredients together. Use a meadim cookie scoop or tablespoon to form the meatballs into 1-inch size balls and place onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.