Happy Monday, y’all! Ok, so Mondays are very rarely happy…it means the weekend is over! And, I’m sure that after all the Superbowl parties yesterday, many of you are hating life today. So, what better way to start of Monday than with a little hair of the dog??? 😉
You may not think much of it on a Monday, but I’m sure by the time Friday gets here, a great drink will be just what you want. Bookmark this one – you’ll be so glad you did!!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (~8-12 limes)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup silver tequila
- 16 oz bottle 100% pomegranate juice
- salt or sugar, for rimming (optional)
- Lime wedges and Pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat water and sugar in a small sauce pan until completely dissolved and the water is clear. Let cool.
- Pour into a pitcher with lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and pomegranate juice. Stir to mix.
- Pour a layer of salt or sugar onto a plate, run a lime wedge around the edge of your glasses, and the tip the glass upside down into the salt or sugar (pink is really pretty for these). Fill glasses with ice and margarita mix, garnish with lime wedges and/or pomegranate seeds, if desired, and enjoy!!