I made this delicious salmon in the first couple of weeks that J and I were seeing each other, but I didn’t get a picture of it. And since it was so delicious, I decided I would just make it again so that I could get a picture share it with all of you!! We are in the process of shopping for a house right now and while fun, it’s stressful at the same time. I’m just glad that at the end of the day we can sit down and have dinner together and not worry about the stresses of the day. That’s what life should be like, my friends. Sitting down to dinner with the one(s) you love and putting the stresses of the day on hold for awhile.
- 3/4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup broccoli florets, stems trimmed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 salmon fillets (I used 4 and had plenty of pesto to top all of them)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Add pistachios to your food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add garlic, broccoli, basil, olive oil, pine nuts and 1 teaspoon of water to your food processor and pulse until it’s blended and you have a thick, chunky puree.
- Lay the salmon fillets, skin side down, on your prepared baking sheet. Spread the pesto sauce generously over the top of each piece of salmon. Then top with a handful of pistachios, pressing down with your had to secure them in place.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the fish for 10-12 minutes (longer depending on the thickness), or until the salmon is cooked through.