http://www.huskipics.com.au/?kamatoznik=fbs-forex-spread&c95=be “What kind of sauce is that? It’s very…yellow.”
http://saturnsails.co.uk/sails/performance/?wc-ajax=get_refreshed_fragments That was one of the first things J asked me before we ate this dinner. And I’ll admit, it’s a pretty brightly colored sauce, even though it started off looking just a little off-white. I guess as the turmeric heats up, it takes on a very bright yellow tone, which I think looks quite striking against the seared salmon. And the flavor is so amazing!!
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets, skin on
- cooking spray or 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp turmeric
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Combine paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning evenly over the top of the salmon fillets.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray or add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, add the salmon fillets, skin-side down and cook for about 3 minutes. Gently turn the fillets over and cook (sear) for an additional 3 minutes. During this time, use a pair of tongs to gently remove the seared salmon skin, and discard. Turn the salmon one more time and cook for 1-2 more minutes until cooked through and both sides are nicely seared.
- While the salmon is cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes (or until the salmon is done cooking.) The sauce will thicken slightly, but will still be fairly thin.
- Serve the salmon with a generous helping of the sauce.