You guys…I finally have things hung on the walls of our house. I mean, we’ve only lived here since last November. So, right on track wouldn’t ya say? ::rolls eyes:: But seriously…I spent yesterday morning getting some art and pictures up on the wall and I must say…something as simple as that really does make it feel more homey in here. I have a few more items awaiting their hanging and then I’ll be done. For awhile. I still have bedrooms to decorate, but those can wait a little while. Perhaps.
Did I mention that I’m on staycation this week? I’m trying to be household productive while I have the time to do it. Today will be spent in our office. I’m scared…hold me. This is the room in the house that became the catch-all early on. In reality, it probably won’t be all that bad once I get in there and start organizing things, but just opening the door and looking in there is overwhelming. Anyone want to come do it for me??
No? Okay, okay…I’ll do it. But afterward there better be a cookie waiting for me. A big, ol’ cookie. Just kidding J…I wouldn’t dream of eating a cookie. Ice cream, however…lives in my dreams. Mmm, ice cream.
Oh…hi. You’re all still here. Please excuse my momentary daydream into Candyland. How’s about we talk about this delicious, healthy chicken instead?
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon Hot Hungarian Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Season the chicken on both sides of the mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown (or grill marks) cooked through.
- Remove from the skillet, squeeze a bit of of lemon juice on top and set aside. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the lemon juice, avocado, tomatoes, and green onions in a small bowl. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve chicken with avocado salsa.