As children, the mention of Brussels sprouts sent shivers up our backs and maybe even triggered our gag reflex, even if we’d never actually tried one. I was one of those kids. I am not a fan of cabbage, and these had always been described to me as baby cabbage, therefore I wanted nothing to do with them at any point in my life. But several of the girls I work with had been raving about how much they love Brussels sprouts, and so I asked them for their prep method and tried them. My first attempt wasn’t very successful, but I tried again and they were wonderful.
Recently I ran across this recipe on How Sweet It Is, and decided that I would try another version and then share it with my girls at work. Again I was not disappointed. I mean, how can you go wrong with brown butter in any dish?? I also submitted this for this week’s recipe swap, so I’m anxious to see who got it and how they liked it! If you are a fan of the sprouts, or even if you http://www.happyrent.com/?kiselok=buy-dating-site-login&c4e=8a think you don’t like them, I would recommend giving this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed!
hop over to this web-site Pan-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Brown Butter
click reference Ingredients
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 pound raw brussels sprouts, stems cut off then cut in half
· 2 shallots, sliced
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
2. Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Add in brussels sprouts cut side down, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes, tossing brussels every so often, until browned.
4. Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Whisk fairly continuously until butter begins to get golden in color and brown flecks appear. Remove from heat immediately.
5. Remove brussels from heat and drizzle browned butter over top, then serve.